I love reading posts that other people share with their favorite mantras to live by. It’s inspiring. It makes me want to be a better person and keep striving to be the best person I can be. To live my life whole-heartedly and honestly. I’m not perfect, I never will be, but if I can be honest about who I am, how I feel, and where I am going, I hope that it will give my life a vector of pure positivity, even when the going gets tough.
Mantras are great for both the good times and the challenging times. They keep our head in the game and make sure we don’t fall for any tricks that life is throwing at us. Life is full of tricks. My goal is to fall for as little as possible, although I’ve already fallen for a lot, but that’s what experience is for, to build our wisdom so that we fall for them less and less and less.
So, here are 31 mantras to live by – I change them up from month to month but most of these are staples every single day of my life. Some, I learned from my dad (he is full of good quotes), some I learned from my mom (she is the most spiritual being I know), and some I learned just along the way through my own experiences.
31 Mantras to Live By:
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
- Do all things with love.
- Be kind
- I am enough. I have enough, and I am doing enough. I accept myself and my life fully right now.
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything.
- Be kind to everyone you meet for you never know who’s fighting a tough battle.
- I am capable of change.
- I am stronger than I think I am.
- Live light heartedly
- Focus on how I want to feel, not what I want to achieve.
- Each problem has a solution. All experiences are opportunities for me to learn and grow. I turn every experience into an opportunity.
- I do not have to earn love. I am lovable because I exist. Others reflect the love I have for myself. I am worth loving.
- I am willing to release old, negative beliefs. They are only thoughts that stand in my way. My new thoughts are positive and fulfilling. I am willing to change.
- Collect moments not things
- If you have love in your heart, you always have something to give.
- Find the extraordinary everywhere. There are no ordinary moments.
- Life isn’t about find yourself, life is about creating yourself.
- Listen without interrupting. Be a good listener.
- It’s okay to not know the answer.
- Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You are on your own journey.
- What we do today creates tomorrow.
- Don’t take life so seriously.
- The grass is greener where you water it.
- Dance as if no one is watching.
- Discipline is doing what you know needs to be done even if you don’t want to do it.
- Just show up.
- Just get started.
- Life is about compound interest. Do a little bit every day and you will be richer than you were the day before.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- You are perfectly imperfect.
- Life wouldn’t be so sweet without the sour.