Happy National Donut Day 🍩 To celebrate I have created a delicious Chocolate Protein Donut recipe for all of you to try! These donuts are packed full of protein and are totally #regimental! This recipe makes 6 full-size donuts and about 12 donut holes, so you'll have enough to share with your fellow Regimembers! Let's get bakin' 😋
For the donuts:
3 tbs chocolate almond milk
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbs honey
3 scoops of chocolate protein powder (I use Designer Essential Chocolate Protein because its low in calories)
2 tbs coconut flower
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp Erythritol
For the glaze:
- Almond milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- Optional: coconut shavings for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 eggs, 3 tbs chocolate almond milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk yogurt, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 tbs honey. Mix until completely combined.
- In another mixing bowl, combine 3 scoops of chocolate protein powder, 2 tbs coconut flower, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tbs cacao powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp Erythritol. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry. Mix until completely smooth.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl combine 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tsp of cacao powder, and chocolate almond milk until desired consistency.
- Spray pan with coconut oil. Pour donut mixture into donut pan or donut hole sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Decorate with the chocolate glaze and add coconut shavings if desired.
- Enjoy National Donut Day 🍩