Easter is just around the corner and that means so are all the delicious chocolate bunnies, peeps and other festive holiday treats! But, if you're looking to celebrate and still keep on track with your goals this delicious Carrot Cake Muffin recipe is the perfect dessert for you to indulge in and to share with family and friends!
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 large)
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, carrots, raisins, and walnuts until well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the apple butter, honey or maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and butter. Stir until smooth.
4. Add the apple butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix (this results in tough muffins).
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling them ⅔ of the way. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops begin to crack and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a baking rack.
7. ENJOY 🥕
Sign up here to receive your 12 minute daily metabolism booster workouts!